Add: RM101&201, BLD. 3TH, No.2, lane 6th, Laokeng Ind. Zone, Kengzi, Pingshan New District, Shenzhen City, China
Specifics For Prototype Overmolding
At Creative Mechanisms, we do prototype overmolding. More often than not, we are overmolding a soft rubber onto a plastic or metal substrate. We typically create plastic molds to hold the substrate in place and then mix polyurethane casting rubbers to be injected into the molds. Once cured, the rubber and substrate are removed as one part. Of note, we can control the hardness and the color of the overmold material. You can watch the process here [EMBED VIDEO]. In mass production, with TPEs, overmolding can be done in 30-60 seconds. However, in prototyping, it takes several hours because we use 2-part casting rubbers that need to cure over time.
Abery Mold & Plastics Co. Ltd
Related Industry Knowledge
- Injection molding machine
- Injection mold construction
- Plastic model
- Multi-material injection molding
- Liquid Injection Molding
- Hot runner
- What is the Plastics Industry?
- What is Mold?
- What's rapid injection molding
- Why would you want to overmold?
- What is ABS plastic?
- How is ABS made?
- Why is ABS used for?
- What is Polypropylene?
- The application of polypropylene
- What is Polyethylene (PE) ?
- what is thermoforming
- Thin-gauge and heavy-gauge thermofo...
- The Engineering of Thermoforming