Add: RM101&201, BLD. 3TH, No.2, lane 6th, Laokeng Ind. Zone, Kengzi, Pingshan New District, Shenzhen City, China
Sharp corners greatly increase stress concentration, which, when high enough, can lead to part failure. Sharp corners often come about in non-obvious places, such as a boss attached to a surface, or a strengthening rib. The radius of sharp corners needs to be watched closely because the stress concentration factor varies with radius for a given thickness. As illustrated in the chart to the left, the stress concentration factor is high for R/T values less than 0.5, but for R/T values over 0.5 the concentration lowers. The stress concentration factor is a multiplier that greatly increases stress. It is recommended that an inside radius be a minimum of one times the thickness.
In addition to reducing stresses, the fillet radius provides a streamlined flow path for the molten plastic, resulting in an easier fill of the mold.
- Mold Design Applied Skills
- Shot Injection Molding Important Pr...
- France New Customers Visit Abery
- Plastic Parts Sustainable
- ISO9001 Haitian 7 Years Experience ...
- OEM Plastic Injection Mould For Med...
- Japanese Home Appliance New Product...
- Mold Design Internal Requirements
- Plastic Parts Mature Technology
- New Trends In The Development Of Pl...
- Plastic Injection Mold For Inserts
- Insert Molding Catheters
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Millitary Trainning For Abery Team
- ABERY Take Part In The Sales Compet...