Add: RM101&201, BLD. 3TH, No.2, lane 6th, Laokeng Ind. Zone, Kengzi, Pingshan New District, Shenzhen City, China
The overmolding process is utilized for a number of reasons that vary according to the specifics of the particular project. Common materials include toothbrushes, tool handgrips (e.g. cordless drills and screw drivers), and personal care products (e.g. shampoo bottles and shaving razors).
Here are some examples of typical overmolding applications:
Plastic Over Plastic - First a rigid plastic substrate is molded. Then another rigid plastic is molded onto or around the substrate. The plastics could differ in color and/or resin.
Rubber Over Plastic - First a rigid plastic substrate is molded. Then a soft rubber or TPE is molded onto or around the substrate. This is often used to give a soft grip area to a rigid part.
Plastic Over Metal - First a metal substrate is machined, cast or formed. Then, the substrate is inserted into an injection molding tool and the plastic is molded onto or around the metal. This is often used to capture metal components in a plastic part.
Rubber Over Metal - First a metal substrate is machined, cast, or formed. Then the substrate is inserted into an injection molding tool and the rubber or TPE is molded onto or around the metal. This is often used to provide a soft grip surface
A few things to note:
There are limitations and compatibility issues to consider between different materials.
You are not limited to only two materials. We have seen some products with three different materials on one part in order to achieve color breaks and grip surfaces. Here is a simple example with a product you will be intimately familiar with: scissors.
Whatsapp: +86 15217037520
Skype: Lingling Tan
- Mold Design Applied Skills
- Shot Injection Molding Important Pr...
- France New Customers Visit Abery
- Plastic Parts Sustainable
- ISO9001 Haitian 7 Years Experience ...
- OEM Plastic Injection Mould For Med...
- Japanese Home Appliance New Product...
- Mold Design Internal Requirements
- Plastic Parts Mature Technology
- New Trends In The Development Of Pl...
- Polypropylene Injection Moulding
- Polypropylene Plastic Injection Mol...
- What Should We Pay Attention To Whe...
- Abery Plastic Injection Mold
- Plastic Injection Tooling
- Plastic Injection Mold For Ribs
- RIB Intersections
- RIB/LOAD Affect On Stiffness
- SHARP CORNERS
- Plastic Injection Mold For Inserts